Supporting you and your child in Pasadena, Maryland.
You see your child struggling with being afraid of things all the time. They don’t want to do anything because their fear makes them believe that they can’t.
Maybe you see our child struggling in school with more challenging behaviors like being mean or aggressive. You’ve tried to support them the best you can but nothing you say or do changing their behavior. I
- Difficulty concentrating/focusing; easily distracted
- Energy that cannot be channeled through other means like sports or activities.
- Anger, irritability, and lashing out to sadness and inability to regulate their emotions.
- School struggles that may be impacted from academic difficulties or social/peer interactions
- Physical concerns like constant stomach problems, visiting the school nurse frequently, headaches.
- Inability to navigate separation from others (family or peers)
- Inability to cope in healthy ways
Benefits of Counseling
- Learn strategies and tools to regulate emotions.
- Develop plans to cope in healthy ways.
- Incorporate family and supports in healthy ways.
- Identify problem areas and provide supportive referrals.