Counseling For Children and Teens
We all worry as parents, until the worry becomes overwhelming. Taking this step to help them helps you in return. We know our parents want the best for their kids, but sometimes our kids need their own support. Counseling for children and teens can be a crucial step in giving them that best life.
Signs of Concern
- Difficulty concentrating/focusing; easily distracted
- Energy that cannot be channeled through other means like sports or activities.
- Anger, irritability, and lashing out to sadness and inability to regulate their emotions.
- School struggles that may be impacted from academic difficulties or social/peer interactions
- Physical concerns like constant stomach problems, visiting the school nurse frequently, headaches.
- Inability to navigate separation from others (family or peers)
- Inability to cope in healthy ways
Benefits of Counseling
- Learn strategies and tools to regulate emotions.
- Develop plans to cope in healthy ways.
- Incorporate family and supports in healthy ways.
- Identify problem areas and provide supportive referrals.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Exposure Response Prevention
- Creative Arts Interventions
- Dance movement therapy