Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Accessiblity Statement
At Turning Stone Counseling, we are committed to social justice, diversity, accessibility, and inclusion of all individuals. We stand united to address the injustices of all oppressed and marginalized people.
Our efforts include:
- Creating a safe environment for clients who have been oppressed to express their views while feeling supported.
- Recognizing through self-examination our own biased beliefs, assumptions, and actions; then engaging in our own personal work to address our limitations.
- Understanding the importance of engaging in difficult conversations that challenge oppressive views in an attempt to deconstruct oppressive systems.
- Addressing accessibility issues through feedback and examination of our internal/external processes.
- A belief that inaction is unacceptable to meet these efforts.
We recognize that this is an ongoing process for us, our clients, and our community. Our statement is a small part of the work we will continue to engage in on a daily basis.
“When we identify where our privilege intersects with somebody else’s oppression, we’ll find opportunities to make real change.” Ijeoma Oluo
We currently occupy the stolen lands of the Piscataway Tribes. We honor and acknowledge the orignal ancestors.
It is important to do more than just a performative land acknowledgement. Please consider donating or volunteering your time to any or all of the following: