Counseling For Pregnancy and Post-Natal
Whether your anxiety/depression was present prior to pregnancy or has developed during this time, it’s important to get help. Just having someone who gets what you’re experiencing and can walk you towards a different experience can help. Counseling for pregnancy and post pregnancy can help.
Signs of Concern
- Believing you are ‘wrong’ for feeling how you feel during this time.
- Sadness, numb, empty, loss of meaning and purpose in this experience
- Overwhelmed and overcome by thoughts of worry and anticipation
- Sleep problems beyond normal pregnancy/newborn- unable to fall asleep due to worry or fear
- Guilt and/or Shame related to not being enough or expectations that didn’t happen
- Fear of sharing your story because you feel you shouldn’t feel this way.
- Intrusive and unwanted thoughts that are scary and alarming to you because they are not your pre-pregnancy normal thoughts.
- Feeling no hope for your future
Benefits of Counseling
- We can help you navigate the many challenges of motherhood by understanding first and foremost that you are not alone. We hear and see you!
- Helps you understand what is happening in your body and mind.
- Provides tools or strategies that work to reduce the symptoms.
- Normalize what’s healthy and what is not for YOU!
- Helps you identify and re-wire those unhealthy thoughts that get in your way.
- Helps you to develop mastery of your symptoms so you can lead the life you want.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Exposure Response Prevention
- Creative Arts Interventions
- Dance movement therapy